Re: Select list again.

I don't believe that it has taken this long for me to understand that both the client as well as the server software/script exist in one document/script/source file.

It was a hell of a lot easier when writing client / server stuff in C where it was obvious what the client software was and what the server software was and what they both had to do.

Now I have been beating my head against a brick wall where in fact I now believe that the solution is more simple.

On the server build select list one in PHP and also build an array containing anything that might be applicable for list two. Script now transfers to the client machine, via HTML, where the user selects what they want from list one and some javascript extracts from the array built for list two, mentioned above, what is needed for the second select list.

Does any of the above make any sense?

One part of the above I don't as yet know how to handle is accessing a PHP built array from javascript but I am sure that I will find it...:-)

--
Regards,
Alf Stockton		www.stockton.co.za

Beware of Bigfoot!