Re: Install trouble - PHP & MS SQL

If it's any consolation, I'm having the same issue.  In my case, I can't
seem to get PHP5 to talk to either MySQL or MS SQL by following all the
documentation I've been able to get my hands on.

See my post from 11/5 entitled: Re:  PHP 5.0 and MySQL Support

One note: when you execute the "phpinfo()" function, do YOU see an MS SQL
section appear?

I'll be watching to see if anyone can step up to the plate on this one.

""Jim McDonald"" <jam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> MS SQL "database type" not supported

------

> I can't get MS SQL supported in my PHP installation.
>
> I've just installed PHP BB (and I have tried their forums) and want to use
> MS SQL, here's my setup
>
> MS Win 2K SP4
> Apache 2.0.50 with OpenSSL v 0.9.7d
> MS SQL 2000 SP3
> PHP 5.0.5
> PHP BB 2.0.18
>
> Apache has been running for some time serving other live sites (with MS
SQL
> integration) - no trouble there. I've done an install of PHP (1st & fresh)
> onto the above, which tested fine with a simple test page.
>
> I have looked at the php.ini (based upon php.ini-recommended) file and
> (thanks to a posting on a forum) tried a few settings (like changing
> "mssql.secure_connection" from "off" to "on")
>
> I have copied all the DLL's to the same directory that holds PHP.exe (to
be
> sure) and this is in windows PATH variable of course.
>
> I have uncommented the extension=php_mssql.dll as well of course.
>
> Elsewhere, ppl have mentioned having MS SQL Client tools installed, which
> have.
>
> And, just in case it occurs to anyway, I have restarted Apache after
> changes.
>
> As a complete noob to PHP and PHP BB I've now run out of ideas, although
I'm