??? Process priority ???

Dear all,

I've been looking hard for something like  pcntl_setpriority() or
proc_nice() for Windows, e.g. a way to change priority for a given php
script. I'm doing some background data processing with and agent-style
approach but when two many users spawn processes, apache gets pretty locked
up. Changing the PID works fine on my Linux Box, but the system is sopposed
to run on MS Server 2003. Can I somehow set my scripts to "idle" on that
platform or is it love's labor lost?

tnx in advance,
Bernhard