Re: Mysql support in PHP 5.0.5

if you are using Apache Web server, you don't have to put in windows system directory.

You can put php.ini and libMySQL.dll in your apache bin directory. eg. c:\apache\bin\php.ini libMySQL.dll. If you don't copy libMySQL.dll to bin directory. Apache can't load your Mysql DLL (php_mysql.dll).

BTW, libMySQL.dll is located in your mysql directory. eg. c:\mysql\bin\libMySQL.dll

uncomment php_mysql.dll in your php.ini (c:\apache\bin\php.ini)

:)

Beau Newcomb wrote:

I've tried everything the faqs say and I'm still unable to get mysql support
in PHP5..

I've added H:\php to my Windows PATH variable (H: is my main drive)

I've uncommented php_mysql.dll

I've added the extension directory to php.ini

Rebooted the server

Before doing the above, phpinfo had absolutely no instances of mysql in it,
showing it neither disable or enabled. After doing the above, phpinfo does
show mysql added to environment paths, but still no table showing whether
it's enabled or disabled.
Am I missing something?  One faq says not to use mysql.dll but mysqli.dll ??
where is this?  Can anyone shed some light on this subject for me?

When I run a mysql test script php returns an error in the line with
mysql_connect saying it doesn't understand the function.  (which tells me
mysql support isn't working)