Re: Please help check out these books.........

Larry Ullman,

Thanks for ur objectivity. I was surprised to see dt u are the one responding to this mail. Of course, I have heard abt ur books and I have cheked out the site, it's really cool stuffs abt ur books, but what amazed me was that yu did not recommend ur book in ur response at the detriment of the others. Men, Thanks!!!

"Larry E. Ullman" <LarryUllman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> would somebody pls give me a short recommendations on these books
> before I purchase them. I don't want to throw away money as I did on
> some books recently.

I would recommend looking at the reviews of these books on Amazon.com.
You'll have a much bigger pool of feedback to consider, and from
different perspectives.

> PHP and MySQL for Dynamic Web Sites: Visual QuickPro Guide
> by Larry Ullman

This just came out in a second edition, just so you know.

> Dreamweaver MX: PHP Web Development
>
> Professional PHP4 Multimedia Programming

>From the titles alone, these have a different focus than the Meloni
book and my book. If DW or multimedia is a primary concern, then that
should affect your decision accordingly.

> Sams Teach Yourself PHP, MySQL and Apache in 24 Hours
> by Julie C. Meloni

I've not seen this one, but her other books are good, particularly for
beginners.

Hope that helps,
Larry

AFOLABI, O. Richard    (0803 284 8974)