Re: Please help check out these books.........

would somebody pls give me a short recommendations on these books before I purchase them. I don't want to throw away money as I did on some books recently.

I would recommend looking at the reviews of these books on Amazon.com. You'll have a much bigger pool of feedback to consider, and from different perspectives.

PHP and MySQL for Dynamic Web Sites: Visual QuickPro Guide
by Larry Ullman

This just came out in a second edition, just so you know.

Dreamweaver MX: PHP Web Development

Professional PHP4 Multimedia Programming

From the titles alone, these have a different focus than the Meloni book and my book. If DW or multimedia is a primary concern, then that should affect your decision accordingly.

Sams Teach Yourself PHP, MySQL and Apache in 24 Hours
by Julie C. Meloni

I've not seen this one, but her other books are good, particularly for beginners.

Hope that helps,
Larry