Re: system() on Windows 2003

   You shoud type system('cmd /c 'copy /b prnfile lpt4:', $result);
   in order to work.

   .I have a script that calls:
   . system('copy /b prnfile lpt4:', $result);
   .or:
   . system('type prnfile > lpt4', $result);
   .the result is '1' and it doesn't send it to lpt4.
   .I have tried:
   . system('type prnfile', $result);
   .the result of that is '0' and it puts all the info in the file on the
   .browser screen.

   .I have tried a number of commands in there it seems that the commands
   that
   .only require 'read' permissions work but when they need to 'write' to
   .something it fails.

   .I think that this is a permissions issue but I can't figure out where to
   set
   .what permission

   .Has anyone had any experiance making PHP talk directly to a LPT port? so
   .an avoid this problem all togeather?
   .I tried to do that when I wrote this script but was unsuccessful. this
   same
   .script works on a 2000 box but with 2003's new security it causes a
   problem

   .anyone have any ideas?

   .anyone have any ideas?

   .--