Cannot load mysqli extension error or login prompt

Hello everybody,

Question1.

I have my "c:/program files/php/extensions/" directory in my path.
And the required php_mysqli.dll & libmysqli.dll files in it.

But I cant get phpmyadmin to load properly.

It gives me this error:

cannot load mysqli extension,
please check PHP Configuration
Documentation

-----

Question2.

If I revert to the regular libmysql.dll & php_mysql.dll files then I keep
getting my login prompt over & over again.

I have read that I need to set some control user but how am I going to do
that since I cant use phpmyadmin to do it?

Anyone who knows  what I am talking about please help me as I have been
working on this problem for some time now and It simply does not work.

Gün.

The following code does not work too.. It only says "sarting test". Root has
password pass

<?
echo "starting test";
$mySQL = @mysql_connect("127.0.0.1", "root", "pass")