Re: include statement

Just one thing to add here:

My query is:
If i load the header as .HTM does it put the included file through the
PHP parser. I have the includes as .PHP at present. There is nothing php
in the header or footer as yet. I am looking at saving the server
some cycles by doing this.

Not sure exactly how you have your page structure, but the command include_once() will force PHP to only load a page once per request. Any file which is include'd will pass through the PHP interpreter. If this is really a large concern you can get software that will cache the PHP bytecode.