Re: Installation? problem for php newbie

Yes this is duplicate... please don't do that in the future unless you've waited a few days without an answer. Also for installation problems it might be better to try the php install newsgroup.

Michael Horniak wrote:
I manually installed PHP 5.0.2 and have also used the installer. In either
case when opening a php page via IE 6 or Netscape 7.1 the HTML code displays
but not php code. When checking the source I can see the php code. No errors
are generated so I am at a loss as to why php is not functioning.

OK first of all - you have two options, CGI or ISAPI. I'm not going to tell you which one to use, pick whatever fits your needs best. Then go to this page and do everything it suggests... and if you still have problems write us a note here and tell us what happened (especially error messages).

http://php.net/manual/en/install.windows.iis.php#install.windows.iis.iis4