Re: MySQL Errors

This is an applic that I got off the internet that I am trying to install.
An example of the code follows.

if ($action=="memberlist") {
 /* get the total number data and find out what the grand total is */
 $sql =  "select id, title, price from ad_details where member_id=" .
$_SESSION['login_id'];
 $sql .=" order by  $orderby $order LIMIT $limitvalue, $user_view_limit  ";
 $sqlcount = "select count(*) from ad_details where member_id=" .
$_SESSION['login_id'];
 } else {
 $sql =  "select a.id, a.title, a.price from ad_details a, ad_cat_join j
where j.cat_id=$current_cat_id ";
 $sql .="and a.id=j.ad_id order by $orderby $order LIMIT $limitvalue,
$user_view_limit";
 $sqlcount = "select count(*) from ad_details a, ad_cat_join j where
j.cat_id=$current_cat_id ";
 $sqlcount .=" and a.id=j.ad_id";
 }
 $sql_countresult = mysql_query($sqlcount);
 list($totalrows) = mysql_fetch_row($sql_countresult);

$res = mysql_query($sql);
    $num_ads = mysql_num_rows($res);

I did not code this and I'm struggling to understand the applic and PHP!  So
I'm up to my armpits in alligators! LOL

Thanks.

Mike