RE: COM Object and Acrobat 6

Something the guy in the link below recommands, which is a pretty good
way to go if you can't find a document online that lays it all out, is
to (if you have it), load up an MS Office product like Excel or Word and
go into the VBA editor.  If you go under Tools -> References and add the
reference to Acrobat (Exchange or Distiller or whatever), you can use
the object browser (F2) to look at all the available properties and
methods and such.  It's doesn't usually explain things well, but it
gives you the names at least.

Microsoft, with some of their products, have their Object Models on
their MSDN site and those can be GREAT at letting you know what's
available for COM calls.  But some of their products have terrible
object models online. Sometimes you can find information by searching
for the program's "API" specs.

I tried to find an object model for Acrobat and Adobe's site seems to be
lacking good information on it.  But using the VBA Editor might put on
on the righ path.. Or at least give you some object names to search for
online for better explainations.

Anyway, the link below, he says to use either "Exch.application" or
"PdfDistiller.PdfDistiller" for the application identifiers.  That's a
start.  And he makes reference to an Adobe Technical Note that I find
for sale in a book, but had trouble finding it on Adobe's site.
http://www.phpbuilder.com/columns/alain20001003.php3?print_mode=1

These guys are saying that the addin isn't documented.  But if you go
into the VBA editor as described above, it should show you what's
available.   I don't have Acrobat Distiller or Exchange installed so I
can't see what's in there myself.
http://www.planetpdf.com/forumarchive/94567.asp

Finally, I found this:
http://www.planetpdf.com/forumarchive/75343.asp

They say to look for the Acrobat SDK and inside you'll find the IAC
(Inter-Application Communications) Reference for a list of methods and
properties and the IAC Overview for a list of objects you can use.

Hope this helps!

-TG