Re: Post method not working

Hi brian,

 You have an error in line: print "You chose a $borderStyle border";

It should be like this:

print "You chose".$_GET["borderStyle"]."border";

B'cause $_GET["borderStyle"] is the correct way to capture things that are sent thru url.

And for POST variable it should be $_POST["borderStyle"]

Try it....

...SuDeEp...

Brian <brian.armstrong@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
OK, I'm new to php, so be gentle :)

I have just installed PHP 5.0.2 on Windows XP Pro\IIS 5

I am learning PHP with one of those step by step books, and I have run into
an issue with forms. They don't seem to be getting the variable I am
passing.

This code works:

$testvar = "this is a test";
print $testvar;
?>

But this does not:

print "You chose a $borderStyle border";
?>

Even when I put 'filename.php?borderStyle=test' in the browser, with the
entire url of course, it still only shows the print text, but not the
variable.

Any thoughts? I have also verified that the mappings are set with .php with
verbs set to all or even GET, POST.

Thanks for any help

Belgarath the Ancient One