RE: Function reference

This might help a little:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_wrco
re/html/wrconwordobjectmodeloverview.asp

Microsoft has a few object models online that give you an idea of the
objects, properties, methods, etc in their products.  The one for
MapPoint is excellent.  Other MS products have severely unhelpful object
models (or none at all) online.

There's a Word VBA Yahoo group that I joined a while ago that could be
some help if you plan on doing a lot of stuff with Word via COM.  You'll
have to learn to translate the VBA syntax to PHP but it's not too hard
once you get the hang of it.

I find it easier to just use VBA when doing COM stuff, but if you need
to use PHP, there are some examples out there to help you out.  I made a
PHP script that COM's to MapPoint that works fairly well, but it's
smoother to just do it via VBA.

I love PHP, but right tool for the right job, ya know?

If you have specific questions, feel free to drop me a line and I'll see
if I can help.

-TG