Re: PHP5, IIS & MySQL

Quoth James Nunnerley on 10/6/2004 8:03 AM...
Unable to load dynamic library './php_mysql.dll' - The specified module could
not be found.

You need libmysql.dll from the PHP distribution somewhere where PHP can find it.

I've put php_mysql.dll in the /%SystemRoot%/system32 directory, which is how Apache used to find it, but it still comes up with an error.

Any ideas?

You shouldn't need to put anything in system32; add your php directory to your PATH, and it should then be able to find the correct libmysql.dll. (Be sure that PHP appears before MySQL\bin in PATH or that MySQL\bin isn't there at all; for some reason, PHP can't use MySQL's libmysql.dll.)

Also, as a bit of an aside, I'm also being asked to make sure that this is secure and safe to run - does anyone have any thoughts with regards to the security of running PHP on IIS, and anything I should do to prevent future security problems.

It sounds as if you're running PHP as an ISAPI module, which I've read is less stable but more secure. I haven't had problems with the ISAPI module, but my app where I use this setup is pretty low-traffic.

Hope this helps.

-Felipe Gasper
Cincinnati, OH

--
Quidquid latine scriptum sit altum viditur.
Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Easier web browsing: http://mozilla.org