Re: NT username detectable?

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 16:07:36 -0400, Gryffyn, Trevor
<tgryffyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ok, I finally talked our IT guys into turning off the "Anonymous Access"
> and I can get into the PHP scripts just fine and "LOGON_USER" is
> populated just fine, but some of the other users in the company get a
> popup login request when they hit my PHP pages.
>
> If they log in with their usual domain login, password and domain name,
> they can get in just fine.
>
> The first thought is permissions.  But now it's doing it to my login
> which it didn't do at first.  And I should have full permissions on that
> folder and all.
>
> Could it be that that machine MAY be on another domain?  We apparently
> have two domains here and I'm not sure which one it belongs to.  Does
> that make any sense to anyone?

It's probably the domain thing. I have similar problems here running
Apache 2, PHP 4.3.8 and mod_auth_sspi 1.0.1. In typical MS fashion
it's hard to put a finger on exactly what causes it, but if the PDC is
rebooted and someone tries going to the site without logging out then
back in it will ask for the password. There are various other
scenarios and a few people who just can't do it without entering their
details. I'm not sure why it happens since not enough people have the
problem to warrant looking into it.

Hope that ramble helped a bit.

--
Stut