Re: NT username detectable?

Hello,

On 09/13/2004 05:07 PM, Trevor Gryffyn wrote:
Ok, I finally talked our IT guys into turning off the "Anonymous Access"
and I can get into the PHP scripts just fine and "LOGON_USER" is
populated just fine, but some of the other users in the company get a
popup login request when they hit my PHP pages.

That is basic authentication, not NTLM.

If they log in with their usual domain login, password and domain name,
they can get in just fine.

The first thought is permissions.  But now it's doing it to my login
which it didn't do at first.  And I should have full permissions on that
folder and all.

Could it be that that machine MAY be on another domain?  We apparently
have two domains here and I'm not sure which one it belongs to.  Does
that make any sense to anyone?

If NTLM authentication succeeds, users have autenticated in the domain that they have logged in when they started their Windows logon session.

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

http://www.phpclasses.org/