Re: [users@httpd] Multiple Virtual Hosts Problem [SOLUTION]

i found the solution in one of the comments listed
here...  Chapter 22. Installed as CGI binary.
i didn't do the "Action php-script /cgi-bin/php" part
b/c php was already running fine for my virtual hosts.
 3 days later - WHEW!!!!!!

http://us2.php.net/security.cgi-bin

PHP CGI with VirtualHosts.

This is what I found out while trying to get php to
work as CGI with Apache VirtualHosts.

By enabling 'force-cgiredirects', you *must*:
1) set 'cgi.fix_pathinfo=1' in php.ini
2) leave doc_root commented out (php.ini also)

If you miss item 1, the apache logs will show
'unexpected T_STRING' in the php binary.
If you miss item 2, you'll only see 'No input file
specified.', instead of the expected output.

You can then turn on the php support for a particular
vhost by defining:

Action php-script /cgi-bin/php

inside the corresponding <VirtualHost> directive.