RE: Re: NT username detectable?

Thanks for the response, Manuel.

Yeah, "LOGON_USER" doesn't show up in PHP or ASP.

It's been a while since I've done any IIS admin and I don't have direct
access to the server setup (and want to minimize the amount of pestering
to our IT staff).  Can someone give me a checklist of things that should
be turned on or settings that should be set and where to find those
settings so I can just tell my people "Go here, do this.." and get it
done?

Does this whole process require the server to "request authentication"?

Would that be a checkbox or setting in IIS, a header sent via PHP, or an
NTFS permission setting?

Thanks for your patience.  There are just a lot of possibilities and I
know these guys hate me bugging them for dumb stuff (that's not a
"mission critical" feature that is) and would like to make it as
painless as possible for them.  Especially if it's something I can just
do in a header sent via PHP or something.

Thanks!

-TG