Re: Windows, Apache, and PHP

dennis, the first step is to get apache running.  did you do that?  did you test it by typing in "localhost" and getting the apache page?  i also found it easier t install apache to the c:\ so that the path ends up being c:\apache.  The default includes "Program files" in the path and I think the space caused me some big time grief.  you may be able to overcome that by using quote marks surrounding the path, but i chose to install at c:\ instead.

php4apache.dll should be in your php/dll folder (there is another important file i can't recall right now).  i moved it up to my c:\php folder which i put in my xp path startup path.  if you don't have it i don't think php wll run.

give me a little more information and i'll help from there.

"Gross, Dennis" <grossde@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi. I am trying to install Apache and PHP on a desktop running Windows XP.
This is a test site, I am not interested in a live site yet. When I try to
run Apache, I get the message that the system could not find the
php4apache.dll. This is a line in the httpd.conf file, but there is no
php4apache.dll on my PC. The PHP version is 4.3.3.8, and Apache is is
version 1.3.something. Can anyone help?

Dennis