RE: Help required for developing word reports.

I think this link was posted before/already:
http://www.phpbuilder.com/columns/yunus20031124.php3

If you have to generate a Word document from PHP, your best bet is to
use COM connectivity to talk directly to Word.

You also might check into some Word VBA pages.  Once you figure out how
to perform COM calls in PHP, you should be able to do the translation
from the VBA equivalent.  Here's a Yahoo group for Word VBA:

Frankly, when I've needed to generate something in Word or Excel or do
something with MapPoint, I've found it a lot easier just to do it all in
VBA.  You CAN do it in PHP and can usually get it all to work pretty
good, but it'll take a little more work.  If you don't know VBA though,
I guess it's a push either way.

If you go into Word and do everything that you'll want to do (create a
table, set values of table cells, etc) and record it all as a VBA macro,
you can at least go through and see what you'll end up doing in PHP via
a COM call.  That'll take a lot of work out of the process for you.

When you have more specific questions, come back and give us an update.

-TG