RE: connection: close header

Just tossing out my 2cents..  Maybe there's a way or a reason, but HTTP
connections are, by their nature, connectionless.  They send the data
and close the connection.  I'm not sure why you'd want to keep a
persistant connection to a specific page.

There are "Keep Alive" codes you can send that maintain a connection to
the web server so you don't have to go through all the handshaking and
stuff again (ok, I'm not using exact terms here, forgive me.. My
networking is a bit rusty) but that doesn't keep you connected to a
single PHP or HTML or ASP page, just the server.

Sounds like everything's behaving just as it was designed to and you're
trying to do something really odd.  But maybe I'm just not getting what
you're trying to do or something.

Just what popped into my head when I read this.

-TG