RE: Re: PHP 5.0.0 Released!

php.exe is the CLI (Command Line Interface) version of PHP. It is designed
to run scripts without the webserver, and errors and other output will not
include HTML tags.

Having the php.ini file in the php folder has been possible since 4.0.x or
so, as long as you are running CGI. The ISAPI versions do not know anything
about the PHP folser as the DLL is loaded by the web server from another
folder.

- Frank