IIS 6 ISAPI and extension_dir

Hello all,

I have to run PHP 4.3.7 in ISAPI mode, because CGI gives me a security error
which is another story.

So, I have ISAPI PHP running just great, except that phpinfo() shows that my
current php.ini file is C:\WINSOWS\php.ini, and that my extension_dir is set
to C:\php4.  However when I open the PHP.INI file, I see that I have it set
to C:\php\extensions.  In fact, any change that I make to the PHP.INI file
is not reflected in phpinfo().  The problem persists after IISRESET.

Unless I can get PHP to actually read my php.ini file I can't enable any of
the extensions... like mssql

thank you for any help you can offer

Eric