PDF Acrobat Issue *Strange*

I am trying to create a PDF document on the fly from database information (mysql). I have this identical script setup on my FreeBSD server (1.3.x apache, 4.3.4 php), but i am on a Windows 2003 server and I have tried serveral combinations of apache including 1.3.31  and 2.0.49. I have also tried 4.3.4 and 4.3.7. My problem sounds simple enough. When I click on a link I want the pdf document to open up in Adobe Acrobat, and it does just fine when on my FreeBSD server. I copied my scripts over and when I run them now the proper mime type is detected (I have fully looked at the headers and they are propper and identical to the FreeBSD servers headers), but I get a window that opens up and shows the raw text of the pdf document. If I right click on the document and go to properties it says it is an "Adobe Acrobat Document" just like it should. I have tried serveral different header() combinations as suggesed by the user comments @ http://www.php.net/header but I can't get adobe !
 acrobat to open the files. Its not the client or the script because everything works fine with i direct my webbrowser back on over to my old server.
I would love to run any of the free *nixs but my job does not permit me to do that. My only clue to this would be some php.ini file settings that i am unaware of. I have tried both dist and recommeneded php inis.
Thanks