Re: Automated Login

Hello,

On 04/28/2004 04:22 PM, Ron Herhuth wrote:
I am trying to build an automated dashboard sort of thing that goes and
checks if several of my clients sites are functioning and reporting back
the findings.

I have two types of URLs that I'm attmepting to check.

1) Typical static URLs example: http://www.yahoo.com

2) I would like to have the app attempt to login by sending the Login
handling page the username and password as POST data.  This seems like it
would be easy if it were a GET form but it is a POST form.

How can I hit the pages and report back if the site is working and the
page loaded, and in the case of the login pages, if I was able to have the
script successfully login?

You may want to try this HTTP client class that besides supporting submiting POST form requests to an HTTP server, it also can keep track of cookies that are returned and page redirection if necessary:

http://www.phpclasses.org/httpclient

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos