Re: Automated Login

Ron Herhuth wrote:

I am trying to build an automated dashboard sort of thing that goes and
checks if several of my clients sites are functioning and reporting back
the findings.

I have two types of URLs that I'm attmepting to check.

1) Typical static URLs example: http://www.yahoo.com

2) I would like to have the app attempt to login by sending the Login
handling page the username and password as POST data.  This seems like it
would be easy if it were a GET form but it is a POST form.

How can I hit the pages and report back if the site is working and the
page loaded, and in the case of the login pages, if I was able to have the
script successfully login?

Thanks,
Ron

PEAR's HTTP_Client can do it very simply. Keeps track of cookies and state and such. It tries to simulate a browser when accessing the page.

http://pear.php.net/package/HTTP_Client

I've had lots of luck with it. I've even added some features to it and fixed some bugs. One big thing is accessing sites using client SSL ceritifcates. If you want to use that, e-mail me as I doubt it's in the manuals yet.

--
paperCrane <Justin Patrin>