Re: accessing files from mapped drive from another server

Meanwhile I got the hint, that the IIS does not accept mounted drive
letters. The path to the other machine (\\server\path1..) must be used
instead. I didn't test it so far.

> Actually it is a security issue, too. You have to be an authetified user
> (and not this anonymous one: IUSR_<machine_name>) to have access to any
> remote directory.
> Just uncheck the option "anonymous login" within you IIS admin for your
php
> script (and enter you username and password when asked).

I don't want the user to enter a login&pw when accessing the files.
Wouldn't it be possible to grant the IUSR_<localhost> access to the
directory on the other machine?

Marc