RE: Virtual Hosts - How to Configure

The most straight forward that I can see would be to always prepend a php
file that does the appropriate ini_set's based on $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] or
$_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'].  For example:

::::: your php.ini :::::
include_path = ".;c:\php\includes"
auto_prepend_file = setup_vhost.php

::::: c:\php\includes\setup_vhost.php :::::
$settingFile = 'vhosts/'.$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'].'php';
if (file_exists($settingFile)) {
  $settings = parse_ini_file('vhosts/'.$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']);
  foreach($settings as $setting=>$value) {
    ini_set($setting, $value);
  }// foreach
}// if

::::: vhosts/www.host1.com.php :::::
; <?php exit; ?>  # this line is here to make sure nothing happens if
executed
smtp = host1domain.com
sendmail_from = webmaster@xxxxxxxxx

::::: vhosts/www.host2.com.php :::::
; <?php exit; ?>  # this line is here to make sure nothing happens if
executed
smtp = host2domain.com
sendmail_from = webmaster@xxxxxxxxx

of course, you could pull the data from a db and make the logic in
setup_vhost more complex; but you should get the point from this simplified
example.