Virtual Hosts - How to Configure

I am setting up apache/php on a windows box as a test, and would like to
know how to set up php so that each virtual host has their own smtp /
mailserver settings.  As I understand the config now, they will share the
settings in the php.ini file located in the windows folder.  Is there an
alternate or additional config that would allow virtual host (1) have smtp =
host1domain.com and virtual host (2) have smtp = host2domain.com?

Any help is appreciated.

James