email server

ok currently we run argosoft on a win32 xp system
now it seems me and so far one other have a problem with argosoft sending mail via php.

so iam wondering if any of you could suggest a good emailserver that works on windows and works with php and phpnuke that is easy to install or the setup guide is intense enough to allow a newbie to be able to install in thank you in advance