From: Paul J. Smith
To: php-windows@lists.php.net
Sent: 2004-02-11 12:13
Subject:  Emailing via mail(), secondary servers

Hi,

At the moment you only seem able to send mail via a specific host
specified in the ini file.    I want some resilience so I can send
emails even if the first mail server cannot accept email.

Problem 1
As far as I know mail() returns no result so you cannot tell if your
first attempt to mail something was OK or not.

Problem 2
You can't override the relaying server ip in the mail() function.

Has anyone dealt with this?  Any suggestions before I try and botch my
own solution?

Thanks.