RE: Re: Emailing via mail(), secondary servers

> The main point of requiring a valid address has nothing to
> do with sending you spam, but rather to make it difficult
> for some authors to boost their top download ranking
> positions by creating many accounts and download their own
> packages. That is explained in the why page.

And that's of course what indvidual with low moral will do when
given the chanse. However my first remark (a time ago) was not
ment to spawn a oral war, but suggest reason why people would
like to select this or that package. Sometimes those reason are
not founded in technical motivated arguments, but those of
confidense and easniess. Easiness in the sence that one tend to
stick to what one already know and has developed skills with.

Regards,

        //Anders