Re: AW: imitating browser

Sven Schnitzke wrote:

Hi,
may I assume you want to automatically feed the otherwise human answers to
the dialog presented by the search engine/catalog ?

This is possible but at least a little tedious. First you shold make sure that there positively isn't any HTTP RPC (no misspelling, I mean remote proc call) access to the engine; this would be much easier (google e.g. has one with its google API and asking others may show up some enlightening results). The most problematic aspect is that the human interface is not considered fixed (not even necessarily the answer part) and may change without notice.

Apart from that, talking to a web server is just opening a socket and talking to that
socket in HTTP style.
Googling HTTP and RPC brings up the ideas about automation over HTTP, basis of some APIs around (some stock quote feeds work this way too, e.g. yahoo).

HTH

Sven