php4.3.4 sessions and IIs6 2003 server not working

hi  i can not get my sessions working i have created the c:\temp folder and
shared it and made it writable by I_USR.
I am running the ISAPI.dll and php is working fine except for sessions how
can i troubleshoot my php install or debug the php since there is no error i
can find it just never starts a session that i can tell