Re: HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error

Hi Eric,

On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 10:04:06 +0100, e.colinet@laposte.net (Eric
Colinet) wrote:

>As far as know the CGI version of PHP doesn't work well on Win95.

It worked okay when I used version 4.2.3 , well I didn't use it much,
not for any serious work or db stuff (MySQL), but it did work. I have
heard there is actually more trouble with the ISAPI version under
Win95.

I did some searching and found out that officially, as at verion 4.3,
Win95 is no longer supported. See:

http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=21927

(Win95 is no longer supported as of PHP 4.3.0 Closes bug #21927)

http://cvs.php.net/co.php/phpdoc/en/chapters/install.windows.xml?r=1.25&ph
p=6f0ed1fa 04d2b5c8f3a0a6bad322be53

>But just to be sure set error_log (php.ini) to a file and check the content
>of it since 500 is a crash.

I was unable to get the error logging to work, and found some mention
that the error logging doesn't work under Win95.

I re-installed 4.2.3 this morning, and was able to do a phpinfo(), so
that's a start.

Thanks,

Peter