Change ENV via putenv() during script execution

Hi all,

Happy Holidays.

I'm having trouble with the ftp_rawlist() command. In reading many post it was stated that this
script relies on the TEMP environment variable. Well that is just my issue. On the Windows system
that the user connects to and authentictes to, the TEMP env var is set to a location tht does not
allow the user read/write permissions. And per the sys admin this will not change. His suggestion
is to change the varible to the uer's home directory for the execution of the php script.

So I thought I would look into this. My question is. before the cll the ftp-rawlist(), can I set
the env via the putenv() function and have it take? I have tries this without any results.

My thought is tht the php.exe when started via IIS inherits the env variables. Sometime later
during the parse of my script I am tryingto override this enviroment. Is my thinging wrong?

Should this work?

Paul