Re: Redirection

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003, PETCOL wrote:
> Thanks, but, what if, I've just gone through an set variables and outputed
> the contents of those to PHP, just to run up a SQL query, to authenticate a
> user.  Set another to say they are authenticated, then I want to take the
> user to another page?  What PHP method would I use in this case.

If you output anything to the user you can no longer do an HTTP redirect
by the very definition of how things work.  You could do a Javascript
timed redirect, but if you output something for the user to see are you
really going to suddenly change the page on them without giving them a
chance to read it?  Normally that is considered very bad UI design.

-Rasmus