Re: Encryption Decryption Help Needed

Hi,

The only way i see to accomplish that is to use public key encryption.
for example:
- retrieve credit card id
- encrypt it with the administrator public key
- when the administrator need to do a report he can give the secret key or the password of it (if it is stored on the server)
- you can then decrypt the card id with the private key

This way your encryption key does not reside on the server (in the code) and you can have really strong encryption.

Look at the OpenSSL PHP extension, it could help.

Eric