Encryption Decryption Help Needed

I have a situation where users will be entering their credit card number
then the number will be stored in the MicroSoft SQLdatabase.  I already
have SSL in place but what I would like to do is to encrypt the number in
the database to help my CIO sleep at night.  We have constructed a report
to get retrieve the stored information that is locked down hard using IP
address validation and several other IIS security methods...but I will
need to have the credit card number decrypted in this report.

Can anyone point me to a method to encrypt the Credit card number on
insertion into the database, and then decryption when reporting?  I have
MCrypt installed and functioning correctly on my server, I just can't find
any simple tutorials on how to do this.

Thanks,
Ron