RE: Password Protecting

Ok

1)You can't MD5 Crypt the Pass before leaving the server there might be some
fancy way of sending a file signed by pgp keys and then using the Private
Key to decrypt it and reading the pass but that is a 'stupid' way also
highly time consuming.
2)If you want to password Secure Something, have you thought about using
htaccess or http://nz2.php.net/manual/en/features.http-auth.php

Nigel Jones
njonez@ihug.co.nz