Re: Using PHP to reload a page w/variable.

You can use header() function to redirect

You can write a function as:

function Redirect($rPath)
{
header("Location: http://".$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] . dirname($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) . "/" . $rPath);
exit;
}

$rPath is the relative path to the page that's calling the function.

say you are on "index.php" and want to go to index2.php in the same directory level, just do Redirect("index2.php");
you can add querystrings at the end:
Redirect("index2.php?err=pwd");

hope this helps.

Roderick Martin wrote:

I'm finding it hard to believe this is as difficult as it appears, but everywhere I search indicates that what I want to do is not an easy task.

How do you code this?

You have a user signup page and the user fills it out, filling out two password fields to ensure they typed it in properly and hit Submit.

How in PHP do you evaluate the password strings (or other strings like checking email for a valid email address) and if something is wrong, reload the page.

In my case, I have one page that does multiple things and I pass variables to determine what parts of the page load, so ideally, I'd like to reload the page and pass a variable so I can reveal some text like "Please retype your password".

Is it really as difficult as some sites make it out to be? It seems to be a pretty common thing to do.

Thanks!