capturing the output to a file rather than the browser

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help!.

I am trying to run a file like this after a submit from a form.

<form action="showmatches.php" target="new">
..
..
</form>

My question is! Is there anyway using PHP to capture the output
that is displayed above in a new window when the 'showmatches.php'
is run to a file instead. Kinda like viewing the source once in the
browser but instead it's going straight to a file on the server
automatically.

Thanks,
Brent.