RE: PHP in general

I don't really support PHP books, since they seem to be made for economical
purposes only. I recommend to look on the web for tutorials, made by and for
programmers (advanced or novice). They are simple, free and useful.

I know it might be tedious for some people to read on the PC, but think
about your pockets and the knowledge you'll gain with a simple tutorial from
Mr. Nobody, than with the book of Mr. (insert any PHP book writer here).

I'm not against anyone in particular, just dislike programming books. We
have thousands of mini-books on the web, why buy a "big" one?

So, visit www.google.com and search around, you'll come up with lots of
tutorials. Also, an advice, when you learn the basics, put yourself a goal.
Like, do a PHP project script and then look for especific topics about PHP.
Don't try to learn ALL the language just because.

The basics are: variables, control structures (if-else, while, for, switch,
foreach, etc.), functions and object oriented programming. With that, you'll
be able to go anywhere.

Oh, and download a copy of the PHP Manual at www.php.net. You can study from
there too, though it's worst than the book if you don't know how to program
at all.

That's all for now, hope all this is useful to you! :D
MG29