Session configuration

I'm using php 4.3.0 under an IIS server, and I'm having some trouble on
starting a session. I guess it's a configuration problem. Tried to edit the
php.ini file, and found this line:

; Handler used to store/retrieve data.
session.save_handler = files

; Argument passed to save_handler.  In the case of files, this is the path
; where data files are stored. Note: Windows users have to change this
; variable in order to use PHP's session functions.

I don't know what changes I got to do, as Windows user, to get it working
properly. Is this the problem?

The session.save_path is allright, I can see the session file being created
every time I use the session_start() method, but I receive this error
message:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session
cookie - headers already sent by (output started at c:\(blah)\teste.php:9)
in c:\(blah)\teste.php on line 12

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache
limiter - headers already sent (output started at c:\(blah)\teste.php:9) in
c:\(blah)\teste.php on line 12

The script I'm using to test it is the session example script from the
documentation at php.net:

session_start();
if (isset($HTTP_SESSION_VARS['count'])) {
   $HTTP_SESSION_VARS['count']++;
}else {
   $HTTP_SESSION_VARS['count'] = 0;
}
echo $HTTP_SESSION_VARS['count']."<br>";
?>

Can somebody help me?

Cheers,

Voodoo