Sending Mail with Outlook express

Is there a way I can send email from my local machine (having no domain) to some email id. For instance, if you try to send a mail thro' html using <a href mailto:> it will send the mail thro' the default E-mail program specified in Internet Options. I don't need any domain or something here. Is this possible in PHP - Win 2k client?