Re: Why is phpinfo giving me these version numbers?

Which log should I be looking at? MySQL appears to maintain several logs.

On Nov 5, 2003, at 11:59 AM, Eric COLINET wrote:

Hi !

I'm not familiar with the services of windows but for:

- The first question: The version number shown is the version number of the client API ie the part of the code that was compiled with PHP (ext/mysql).
under windows the mysql librairy that is bundled with the PHP distribution is always compiled in.
I don't now if it's an issue with MySQL 4 but i don't think so and PHP itself can't stop your MySQL4 service

- The second question: The directives are set in your php.ini file that is somewhere on your system, check the PHP documentation but it's safe to let the default values (ie: no value).

For the problem that MySQL won't run as a service you should check the log of your MySQL server, the reason could be trivial.

Good luck ;)

Eric