RE: [PHP] PHP Apache (GLOBALS) question

I can run mysql from a command line.

What I create a connection string using my php.ini file I get

failure. mysql_connect() errors

My connection string code is very simple:

<?php
//list_db.php

$link_id = mysql_connect("localhost", "username", "password");
$result = mysql_list_dbs($link_id);
$num_rows = mysql_num_rows($result);

while($db_data = mysql_fetch_row($result)) {
		echo $db_data[0]. "<BR>";
		$result2 = mysql_list_tables($db_data[0]);
		$num_rows2 = mysql_num_rows($result2);
		while($table_data = mysql_fetch_row($result2)) echo "--" .
$table_data[0]. "<BR>";
		echo "==> $num_rows2 table(s) in " . $db_data[0] . "<P>";
}
?>
 Using this as a test and all my other connection strings
residing on my include file or one the same page as my code
fails.