php 4.3.3 / 4.1. - variable problem

Hi everyone,

I just upgraded my Win2000 installation of PHP to the php 4.3.3 ...
and everything seems to be running fine in cooperation with my Apache
1.23 server also installed on this Win2000 "testing" platform ....

While calling up a website I am developing now, I am encountering a
problem in my updated installation with passing on a variable to a
new page ...  situation is as follows:

I am calling a file called "showpics.php" and I was adding on to the
URL the following variables by "?pic=photo01&picby=Mr Smith" ... the
line as a whole being
    .../showpics.php?pic=photo01&picby=Mr%20Smith

This worked without a problem with my previous php 4.1.2 .... but it
displays and empty page under the new php 4.3.3 .... because the
variables in the page are not being replaced by the values passed to
them ...

Does anyone have an idea what and where the difference in the two php
versions is? and where I need to perhaps add something either in the
php.ini file ?

Any input is greatly appreciated ..
Wolfgang