[PHP-WIN] Re: Web page timeout with PHP 4.3.3 on IIS & Win2K

I'm trying to run phpmyAdmin on a machine running Windows 2000 with IIS.
Previously, I'd installed PHP 4.3.2 with the only tweak to the install
changing the default volume from C: to D:.  Did not touch any other options
during the install.  Went to my phpmyAdmin site and it worked as I expected.
Today, I installed PHP 4.3.3, again changing the default folder from C: to
D:.  Now when I start phpmyAdmin, php.exe starts to handle the request for
index.php, but it never finishes.  Behavior in my web browser is that the
request finally times out.

In the IIS configuration tool that comes with Win2K, there are properties
for the WWW service, and everything below.  When I installed 4.3.2, I was
asked if I wanted to register php.exe to handle php requests for the WWW
service and nothing else.  I checked to box to say yes.  When I installed
4.3.3, I was asked if I wanted to do the registration for the WWW service,
the Default Web Site, and most virtual directories underneath it.  I tried
both setting up only the WWW service and all options, both with the same
results.

Again, in all 4.3.3 cases, perl.exe is running, php.exe -i seems to give no
errors and running php.exe index.php in the IUSR environment all seemt to
work okay.

If anyone would like more info, please let me know what you need to know and
I'll try to answer the question.

Thanks

--
E. Scott Stricker - NGIT @ Smartlink